We Can Help You Address Issues Impacting Your Florida Educator Certification
In Florida, teachers and certain education professionals must obtain a teaching license – called an educator certification. This license is a ticket to your career and livelihood. You must maintain and recertify your license in accordance with Florida law.
There are many steps in the certification and recertification process. Navigating the process can be confusing, and when obstacles arise, you shouldn’t have to address them alone. Our lawyers at Bilello & Soowal, PLLC, can help. We are experienced education lawyers with proven success handling Florida teacher certification issues.
Certification Problems That Can Jeopardize Your Teaching Career
Florida law sets specific standards for obtaining and maintaining your educator certification. There are many pathways to obtaining a teaching license. Generally speaking, the basic eligibility requirements include:
- Obtaining a qualifying degree or completing an approved teacher education program
- Passing the required examinations
- Completing ongoing education requirements
We can help you with any issues that arise during the certification process, including:
- Unwarranted denials of your teacher certification
- Problems converting a temporary certification to a professional one
- Issues with renewing your certification
- Problems with transferring your out-of-state teaching license to Florida
- Help pursuing reinstatement of your teacher certification after a suspension, revocation or expiration
Once you have obtained your teaching license, you may encounter hurdles that jeopardize your certification. Disciplinary proceedings and complaints of misconduct can result in suspension or revocation of your license. Florida law – specifically, Florida Statutes 1012.795 – enumerates many grounds for disciplinary action. We defend teachers against any type of allegations of misconduct.
Overcome Licensing Obstacles By Enlisting Our Team
Don’t let certification issues derail your teaching career. Our lawyers can help you find the right path for moving forward. We are passionate about helping teachers do what they do best – making a positive difference in the lives of students.